We are super excited to list this month’s Bernina offers.
These are exclusively brought to you from Bernina and all machines include free mainland UK delivery.
Bernina 325 Sewing Machine£749.00
or from £29.00 today & 5 weekly interest-free payments of £144.00 withAdd to basket
Bernina 335 Sewing Machine£995.00 Available to preorder
Bernina Designer Plus Software V8.2£1,095.00
or from £375.00 today & 5 weekly interest-free payments of £144.00 withAdd to basket
Bernette Funlock 44 Overlock£439.00
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from £73.17 withAdd to basket
Bernette 37 Sewing Machine£459.00
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from £76.50 withAdd to basket
Bernina L460 Overlocker£775.00
or from £55.00 today & 5 weekly interest-free payments of £144.00 withAdd to basket
Bernina Sewing Classes
No products were found matching your selection.
It’s that time of year again when everyone is hitting the gym… the motivation to get back into shape after the festive period has returned and so have we with a brand new project! Our talented sewing expert Carolyn shows us how to create the ideal gym bag – perfect for those of us with “get fit” New Year’s resolutions! Not only is it stylish but it’s a great size to hold everything you may wish to take for your gym session. It is made from hard-wearing fabric and has an attractive themed lining. In the making of her gym bag Carolyn explores the Bernina zipper feet available including, our current Accessory of the Month, Invisible-zipper Foot #35.
The bag features:
- two expanding mesh pockets to hold drinks bottles, recovery shakes, protein bars and healthy snacks
- a pocket with a concealed zip for your keys, phone or gym pass
- strong handles so it may be carried over one shoulder
- a large internal space for gym clothes, towels etc.
This Gym bag is best made using a sturdy fabric for the outer and a contrasting cotton fabric for the lining. I used a medium weight denim and a cotton.
The bag in the photographs has added structure by using single side fusible Bosal. A lighter structure may be achieved by using interfacing or a very soft bag may be achieved by omitting any stabilising material.
Bernina Invisible-zipper Foot #35?
Invisible zips are used to create concealed closures, the stitching and coils (teeth) of the zip are not seen on the finished work when the zip is closed. The Bernina Invisible Zipper Foot has two parallel grooves in the sole which “open” the coils of the zip. The needle must be in the central position and straight stitch used. Invisible zips are sewn on separate pieces of fabric and any seam above and/or below is sewn after the zip is inserted. In this gym bag there are no seams to be sewn as the zip is the full width of the pocket.
You will need:
- Bernina sewing machine (Bernina S-590E is featured in my photographs)
- Bernina Reverse-pattern Foot #1, #1C, #1D – dependant on your sewing machine
- Bernina Invisible-zipper Foot #35
- Bernina Zipper Foot #4, #4D – dependant on your sewing machine
- 1 metre main fabric
- 1 metre contrasting fabric for lining and pocket
- 40cm square of mesh fabric
- 1 metre x 50cm single side fusible Bosal – optional, see project note above
- 1 metre x 50cm iron on interfacing – optional, see project note above
- 16cm invisible zip
- 2 x 30cm of 1cm wide elastic
- Matching and contrasting threads
- Basic sewing kit: pins, scissors, tape measure etc.
If you’ve got any questions, please get in touch. Phone: 0115 922 3904, Email: [email protected]. We are always happy to help.
If you are in the area, why not call into our shop at The Sewing & Knitting Centre, 133 High Road, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 2LL.