Pfaff Sewing Machine Elastic Foot for IDT™ System
Pfaff Sewing Machine Elastic Foot for IDT™ System is a great foot to have in your sewing box. the foot can guide from 6mm to 12mm wide elastic and sews it in place, great for activewear, lingerie and other items of clothing you have elastic in. or if you just want to embellish your current work.
How do I use and Elastic sewing machine foot?
- Set the dark grey numbered dial on the Elastic Foot by aligning the number with the small metal arrow. The higher the number, the more the elastic will be stretched. The stiffness of the elastic will influence the sewing result.
- Gently push the dark grey roller towards the numbered dial and lift it up.
- Insert the elastic into the longer slot opening on the base of the presser foot.
- Turn the roller until the centre groove of the roller matches the width of the elastic so that the elastic will guide straight.
- Bring the roller down on the elastic and click it into place by gently pushing it away from the numbered dial.
- Snap the Elastic Foot onto the sewing machine. Set the machine for a regular zigzag stitch. Adjust the stitch width according to the width of the elastic and the stitch length according to the quality of the elastic and how much gathering is required.
- Engage the IDT™ system.
- Place the fabric under the presser foot and sew. The fabric will gather as the elastic is stretched and sewn in place.
What machine does it work with?
What machine do I have?