Singer C240 Sewing Machine
Singer C240 Sewing Machine has just taken the compact sewing machine to a new level with the built-in dual feed and simple to use design this amazing little machine is great for any kind o sewer whether you are looking for a sewing machine to take to sewing classes or as a new sewing machine for a beginner the Singer c240 has it all.
- Compact and Portable for easy transport/storage
- Integrated Even Feed System for sewing perfect seams
- 70 Built-in Stitches – basic, stretch, decorative
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame for long-lasting durability
- Speed Control for precision or volume
he Featherweight C240 sewing machine is great for sewing in small spaces or for taking to sewing classes! Sew all kinds of fabrics: from sheer to denim – even leather, thanks to the Integrated Even Feed System which feeds fabric evenly from both the top and bottom, so you can sew even difficult fabrics with confidence. Seams in napped fabrics like velvet and corduroy, as well as quilt layers, won’t shift. Sewing over thick areas like hems in jeans is a breeze. Engage the Programmable Needle Up/Down button to have your needle stop down in the fabric, which is great for applique, pivoting around a pocket corner or free-motion sewing. There is a Speed Control so that you can set the machine’s maximum speed – slower for more intricate projects or faster for larger projects like curtains, duvet covers and more. Your selected stitch appears on the LCD screen, and by pressing the Info Button, the machine even advises you on which presser foot to use for that stitch. The Top Drop-in Bobbin is transparent, making it easy to monitor thread supply so you won’t run out of thread in the middle of a seam! An online Owner’s Class Video is available to view anytime as well.
General Purpose Foot 0A for IEF System, All-Purpose Foot 1A for IEF System, Satin Stitch Foot 2A, Blind Hem Foot 3 for IEF System, Zipper Foot 4 for IEF System, Buttonhole Foot 5B, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Edge/Quilting Guide, Clearance Plate, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15 transparent), Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdriver, and Hard Cover
- Instructional Video (+)Learn your machine’s basics like threading the machine correctly, selecting stitches, making a buttonhole, changing the needle and more. Available online whenever you are!
- Built-In Stitches (70)Choose from a variety of stitches for basic sewing, decorative sewing, and more
- One-Step Buttonhole (3)Buttonholes are sewn in one easy step. Just place the button in the buttonhole foot and the machine sews a buttonhole perfectly sized for that button, delivering consistent results every time.
- Built-In Needle Threader (+)Effortlessly threads the eye of the needle eliminating eye strain and saving you time.
- Top Drop-In Bobbin (+)Easy to thread and easy to see! The transparent bobbin and cover allow you to monitor your thread supply so you don’t run out of thread in the middle of a seam.
- Tie-Off Button (+)Immediately tie-off the stitch and stop sewing automatically. You can even program the machine to perform the tie-off at the end of a stitch before you start to sew.
- Integrated Even Feed System [IEF] (+)Fabrics feed evenly from the top and the bottom, allowing you to sew all kinds of fabrics, including multiple layers and bulky seams. Lightweight fabrics won’t pucker, stripes and plaids will match perfectly and quilt layers won’t shift.
- Drop Feed (+)Feed teeth can be lowered for button sewing or free-motion sewing – a must-have for quilters! Simply slide the Drop Feed Lever to lower the feed teeth. Slide it back and turn the handwheel one full turn to raise the feed teeth again.
- Touch Button Stitch Selection (+)Select your stitch with a simple touch of a button – the optimum stitch length and stitch width are preselected so you can start sewing faster, but stitch settings can be adjusted as desired to customized for your projects
- Direct Selection Stitches (+)Most commonly used stitches are conveniently located on the front of the machine and available with a single touch of a button.
- Adjustable Stitch Length (+)Customize the appearance of a stitch by increasing or decreasing the distance between stitches. Use this function for various stitch techniques like applique, basting and more.
- Adjustable Stitch Width (+)The size of the stitch from left to right is adjustable, to make the stitch sew narrower or wider as desired.
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure (+)When sewing very lightweight or heavyweight fabrics, it may at times be necessary to decrease or increase the presser foot pressure to help the machine feed the fabric through the machine.
- Self-Adjusting Tension System (+)Select your stitch and the machine will adjust the tensions for your selected stitch automatically, saving you time.
- Reverse (Touch Button)Sew stitches in reverse, usually done to secure a seam at the beginning and end to prevent unravelling.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame (+)The machine’s interior frame is metal, providing long-lasting durability
- Stainless Steel Bed Plate (+)The surface of the machine’s arm is made of stainless steel, providing a smooth surface that allows your fabrics to glide smoothly as you sew.
- High-Speed Stitching (700/min)Professional speed for faster results.
- Speed Control (Touch Button)Set the maximum sewing speed of the machine
- Start/Stop Button (+)Allows you to sew without using the foot control if desired. Press the button to start sewing, then press again to stop sewing.
- Programmable Needle Up/Down (+)Set the needle’s stopping position as desired. Press to have the needle stop down in the fabric each time you stop sewing, great for applique, topstitching and more.
- LED Lighting (2)Long-lasting LED lighting provides bright illumination and stays cool to the touch
- LCD Screen (+)LCD screen displays your selected stitch as well as stitch settings for length and width.
- Free Arm (+)Slide off the Removable Storage Compartment for access to the free arm, making it easy to sew trouser hems, sleeve cuffs and other smaller or tubular projects
- Machine Cover (Hard Cover)A cover is provided with your machine to help keep it dust-free when not in use
- Snap-On Presser Feet (+)Presser feet can be easily removed and attached when needed for various sewing techniques
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter (+)Presser foot has an extra high position available to accommodate thick fabrics
- Variable Needle Positions (29)Adjust the position of needle as desired for various sewing techniques like topstitching, edge stitching, zipper application, piping insertion and more
- Bobbin Class (15 Transparent)SINGER or INSPIRA branded bobbins are recommended for best results
- Machine Size (17.8 x 8.3 x 12.1)
- Machine Weight (14.9)
- Box Size (22.5 x 12.5 x 15)
- Box Weight (21)